An Encouraging Word from back in the day


So whenever I wrote my last post I really felt I needed to find a word of encouragement I had written for the Youth Blog on our Church Website back in 2008 when I had just started out as their Youth Worker. Any way it took me a few days but I've finally found it. Happy Reading :-) 


BATH TIME WITH GOD

Ok Guys, so it’s me again, here to inspire you and if not just to take up a few minutes of your time. Everyone has that special place they go where God really ministers to them and talks to them about things that are going on or the people around them. For me it’s the bath (which does freak people out).
So Saturday I came home from work after having one of those days that you really just want to take out of your diary and pretend it didn’t happen in which David had come into work to ask me to write this and I had told him in the most polite way there was no hope. Anyway we all have one of those days you know the sort, bad day at work, nothings going right, your tired, stressed and the devils on your case like all day and you just know its cause God wants you to do something for him that night and he’s doing his best to stop you. My problems in these situations is that at times I tend to start thinking about giving up by lunchtime and God jumping into the situation begins to get further and further out of my mind.
Anyway that was a wee rant but it helps set the scene, so I’m in the bath, bubbles everywhere, candles, shower cap. Nah only joking (well maybe not about the bubbles). So as I’m lying there I just started crying out to God about why my day was going so bad, I’m his child, doing his work why was he letting the devil make my day so rubbish. After a while I’d sort of given up and was like whatever, I’m just going to go to bed and who cares about what you want me to do later. Just then I looked up and on my wall was a cross but not just one like hundreds. I think that was one of the biggest revelations I’ve ever had, God is everywhere, like actually try and find something that doesn’t show his glory or that he’s there. Like it was just like God was saying I’m here with you through everything and at times I may seem hidden (like the crosses) but I’m always there helping you and giving you strength. Like in Nehemiah 8:10 the Joy of the Lord is our strength, if we don’t have joy then we find it hard to keep going.
So back to the crosses on the wall, as I’m looking at all these crosses that have been made in the grouting God was like listen. So not knowing what I was listening for I listened and I was listening to a kids worship CD (I was checking to see if it was suitable) and the words of the song went Never give up, cause he’s always there.
God is always by your side. Never give up cause he’s always there, Never give up anytime anywhere. So guys I really want to encourage to seek God in the hard times as well as the Good because he is there and although it’s hard to see at times we need to keep looking for him. This has been a pretty random word of the week but I hope it’s helped.
Oh and I’ve put all the words of the song below cause its amazing.

God Bless
Andrew

The rain may be falling and lightning fills the sky
But the sun is rising
God is on my side
The wind may blow around me and thunder may go boom
The clouds are disappearing
Your light is shining through
Never give up ‘cause He's always there
Never give up anytime, anywhere
Never give up ‘cause He's always there
Remember God is always by your side.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fabula Est Vestri

All your promises are Yes and Amen!

You Have Reached Your Destination